Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I Hate Women's Fashions

Recently I noticed that my sister was wearing clothes that made her underwear visible. Our society seems to have an epidemic of visible underwear, and I don't like it. I asked her why she was wearing it, and she told me that it's nearly impossible to find anything that looks feminine that doesn't reveal underwear. I found her answer upsetting, because it shows what a sad state we're in as far as fashion goes.

Personally, I've always had a hard time respecting girls who let their underwear show. I'm a guy, so it's hard not to look at it. Even visible skin between the shirt and pants is attention-grabbing and inspires inappropriate thoughts in me. Why is it that most girls allow that stuff to show? Perhaps a better question would be why there aren't any better clothes out there for our sisters to wear. Why must they sacrifice respectability in order to meet the criterion of femininity?

This issue is only supports my belief that American society is destroying the truly beautiful women. When I see movies that take place in the old days I feel like it would've been so much easier for me to find a wife back then. In those days women wore long dresses, so there wasn't a modesty problem like there is today. Society taught that women were to be respectable. I'm sure someone would argue that it was a worse time, because society didn't allow women to have as many rights back then. Still, I'd imagine that most women want to be loved and respected. Perhaps the old-fashioned values of yesteryear meant that a man was more likely to find a woman he could love and respect. Women like that are certainly harder to find these days.

I don't want to be preoccupied with sexual thoughts anytime I'm around a woman. I want to be focused on her virtues and inner beauty. Honestly, the women I've known throughout my life have never seemed more beautiful to me than when they were dressed up in winter clothes. Perhaps it's just a personal preference. Perhaps I'm more focused on inner beauty when a woman is bundled up. All I know is that I love the cold months for the beauty they bring out in women. While my carnal side enjoys seeing the women during the warm months, it's equally unenjoyable because of the constant struggle it brings with it.

I hate the idea that guys are looking at my sister's underwear. She's better than that. Unfortunately, she's becoming an adult, and I can't stop her from wearing what she wants to wear. I can only pray that God will convict her on the issue. I also hope that the tide will turn toward modest fashions. Women shouldn't be forced to give up their modesty to fit in. They should know that God gave every one of them beauty, and that revealing clothing doesn't exhibit it, but rather suppresses it.

No comments: